Types Of Car Insurance Coverages Available
The following five types of auto insurance coverage should be researched to select the best coverage for your vehicle:
If you get into an accident and it is determined that you were at fault, liability coverage will protect you. To protect yourself with this coverage, visit the Bajaj Allianz car insurance website.
The liability insurance plan provides the following advantages:
- Pays for replacing or repairing the damaged property (or third party)
- Covers the third party’s medical expenses incurred as a result of hospitalisation or medical care*
- Vehicle owners are required by law to purchase a minimum amount of liability insurance, and the insurance policy will cover this
- Since the policy will cover the maximum risk, you should choose a liability insurance premium above the legal minimum to lower your out-of-pocket costs
- If you choose a higher “sum assured,” you might be able to cover more expenses before the policy’s limit is reached
- The third-party injury, passing away, or property damage is covered by liability insurance
- According to the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, liability insurance is mandatory
If you select “collision coverage,” the insurance provider will pay for your vehicle’s post-accident repairs. Look for collision coverage on the Bajaj Allianz car insurance website to get this protection.
- In some instances, the cost of repairs will be higher than the current worth of the car in the market. The insurance provider will pay the car’s current market value in such cases
- You should subscribe to collision coverage according to your car’s age. Make sure the collision coverage is included when purchasing an insurance policy for a brand-new vehicle
- You should purchase collision coverage if your vehicle is subject to a lien
- For older vehicles, the collision coverage can be as low as possible
Personal Injury Coverage
- You can add specific coverage and the legally required liability insurance to mitigate risk factors.
- All accident-related costs will be covered by personal injury protection
- The personal injury protection will pay for the driver’s and other passengers’ medical expenses
- The insurance provider will cover the cost of the medical bills regardless of who is at fault
- To maximise your investment, you can purchase personal injury protection for the vehicle’s owner, driver, and passengers
Use a car insurance calculator to see how much premium you will pay for the protection you need.
Uninsured Motorist Protection
- You will need to pay for the repair or replacement of the vehicle out of your pocket if it is struck by another vehicle and is not covered by insurance
- The third party’s insurance coverage is not always adequate to meet your needs
- You can add an extra rider like protection against underinsurance or uninsurance to reduce your exposure
- The insurance provider will cover the additional or total amount so that you can quickly pay for the damage or medical expenses
Comprehensive car insurance prices are higher, but they will cover all potential risks related to your car, your driver, and your passengers, as well as risks associated with third parties’ cars, drivers, passengers, and property.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.